REGULAR TRASH COLLECTION
Mondays and Thursdays- Regular trash must be bagged and placed in the green toters issued by Bates Trash and Trucking (or other trash containers) by 7:00 a.m. on scheduled collection days.
Holidays – trash collection – When one of the following holidays falls on a Monday or Thursday which is a regular trash collection day, trash will not be collected until the next scheduled collection day; New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- All refuse carts and recycling containers must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on scheduled collection day.
- Toters and recycling containers must be removed from the curb prior to midnight on refuse collection day
- All regular trash should be placed inside the refuse toter. If the volume of household refuse exceeds the capacity of the cart, place refuse in disposable containers beside the toter.
- Do not place recycling items in refuse toters.
- All bins must be kept clean by the user.
- Dogs and other pets must be confined on collection days.
- Do not place hazardous materials such as oil, paint, poison, caustics, explosives and pressurized tanks inside the toters.
- Syringes must be disposed of in a Sharps container. If none is available, cap needles and place inside a plastic bottle, such as soda bottle, with the lid on it. Place inside the trash toter.
- Any items which could be a hazard to the collector (such as broken glass, etc.) should be placed inside the toter or an impervious disposable container and be clearly labeled.
- Material NOT Accepted for Collection - Roof shingles, dirt, rocks, concrete, bricks, tree trunks (over 3" diameter), stumps, bamboo, pressurized containers, explosives, paint (unless paint is dry in cans), poisons, caustics, any hazardous materials, construction and demolition debris, asbestos, free liquids, sewage, sludge
BULK (special) TRASH PICKUP - by APPOINTMENT ONLY - To schedule special trash collection, please call Bates Trash and Trucking Company at 301-773-2069 before 2:00 p.m. on Tuesdays. Items must be at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on Wednesdays. Bates Trucking and Trash Removal is not required to pick up more than TWO (2) bulk items from any one-family dwelling per week.
The following items will be collected by appointment only on Wednesdays. Call 301-773-2069 to schedule an appointment before setting items out for collection. Items must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m.: air conditioning units, bathroom basins & tubs, boilers, clothes, washers and dryers, hot water heaters, refrigerators, freezers, radiators, tires, vehicle parts.
RECYCLING - Wednesdays – Recycling containers (blue) issued by Prince George's County must be at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on collection day. Please contact Prince George's County Recycling at 301-952-7630 with inquiries.
YARD WASTE - Yard waste is also collected on Wednesdays and should be at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on Wednesdays.Yard waste includes branches, shrubs and trees; bundle items and tie with rope or string (do not use wire). Items must be less than 5 feet long and weigh less than 75 pounds.
Metal collection – Items should be placed at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on collection day.