2021 Town Election Timeline
February 1, 2021
- Mayor and Council establish by ordinance: polling place and hours of operation, the use of voting machines or paper ballots, candidate filing fee, and candidate filing deadline.
- Mayor and Council appoint election judges, alternate election judges, and
- Mayor and Council appoint members of the Board of Election Appeals as required by the Town Charter §508: Conduct of Elections
April 8, 2021
- Candidate Filing Deadline as required by the Town Charter §506: Candidates for Office to File Petition
April 13, 2021
- Election Notices to be posted as required by the Town Charter §504: Notice of Elections
April 23, 2021
- Sample Ballots to be prepared and posted as required by Town Code §29-14. Judges to prepare ballots; sample ballots to be posted.
- Deadline to request Absentee (Mail-in) Ballot as required by Town Code § 29-23. Absentee voting.
May 3, 2021
- Election Day as defined by the Town Charter §507: Election of the Mayor and Council