Yard waste (grass clippings, leaves, twigs) is collected year-round on Mondays by JEDA Trucking. Place yard waste curbside by 6:00 a.m. on Mondays or the night before collection. Continue to bag yard waste, including leaves, year round.
- Do NOT mix yard waste with household trash.
- Place yard waste in paper bags or in reusable bins marked as yard waste.
- Branches and limbs need to be bundled with rope or string (do not use wire), and bundles must be:
- less than 4 feet long
- less than 3 inches in diameter
- weigh less than 60 pounds.
- Unacceptable items include:
- bamboo (this must be disposed of as residential trash)
- tree stumps
- treated lumber
- painted wood
During leaf collection season (early fall through January) the Town will provide paper bags for bagging leaves to be collected by the hauler.
Report a Concern
To report a concern, call (301) 927-6381 or submit a request online via the Town's Trash Concerns app.
The Trash Concerns app can be used to: order a new trash can, report missed collections, report any other trash-related concerns.
Visit www.riverdaleparkmd.gov and click on the Trash Concerns icon.