COVID-19 Business information
Information is being regularly updated to the Town's website about the latest federal, state, county and local announcements and news related to COVID19. To see more follow this link.
If your business is in need of assistance during this time, please contact the Town at 240.825.5333 to be connected with Economic Development support.
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan
Prince George's County
The U.S. Small Business Administration has declared Washington D.C. - Including Prince George's County - as an economic disaster. You can now apply online for the Disaster Assistance Loan for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters.
The application can be accessed here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
Other Financial Resources & Tools
- Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan Fund: The application is here: https://commerce.maryland.gov/fund/maryland-small-business-covid-19-emergency-relief-loan-fund. The loan is for up to $50,000 and is no interest or principal payments due for the first 12 months, then converts to a 36-month term loan of principal and interest payments, with an interest rate at 2% per annum
- Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund: The application is here: https://commerce.maryland.gov/fund/maryland-small-business-covid-19-emergency-relief-grant-fund. It is a grant for up to $10,000, not to exceed 3 months of demonstrated cash operating expenses for the first quarter of 2020.
- Small Business Administration Emergency Injury Disaster Loan: The application is here: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/. The working capital loan is for up to $2 million. The interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses.
- Small Business Owners Guide to CARES Act
- FSC First COVID19 Business Relief Funding Programs
- Prince George’s County COVID19 Relief Fund
- Prince George’s County Hourly Employee Relief Fund
News and Press Releases
- SBA Implements Automatic Deferment on Existing SBA Disaster Loans Through End of 2020 - https://www.sba.gov/about-sba/sba-newsroom/press-releases-media-advisories/carranza-implements-automatic-deferment-existing-sba-disaster-loans-through-end-2020
- Comptroller of Maryland Issues New Tax Filing Deadlines - https://www.marylandtaxes.gov/media/2020/Due_Dates_Website_Cover.pdf
Other Important Links
- Prince George’s County Department of Permitting, Inspections & Enforcement
- COVID19 Information for Businesses (Maryland)
- Small Business Administration Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- COVID19 Resources for worker cooperatives, small businesses, and individuals https://www.usworker.coop/covid-19/